Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring time

Today we had to drive to get some material, and the world is turning green. I love it. I can never pick a favorite season I always just look forward to the next one. But Spring is always good. One of the cool things about spring is baby stuff. There are new calves at my dad's place. Including a new little Jersey steer who is just about the most adorable little thing I have ever seen. Today my dad showed up with this little guy. He caught him in his pond and wanted to show the kids. They named him Fudge, I have no idea why.
They wanted to keep him as a pet in the worst way. Well at first they were afraid he might be a snapping turtle. It made me laugh they would not put their hand in the bucket until I assured them that it would not bite them.

He really was a cute little thing. But we made them go and put him in the creek. With everything that we have going on right now his chances of survival are much higher in the wild.


This is some of what we are so busy with. On Friday we poured cement. 49 bags of cement, which my husband figured out is almost 4,000 lbs of concrete. He carried it into the hole and then I mixed it with a hoe in the wheelbarrow and then he poured it into the forms. So technically he move all of it twice. If you have been fallowing along you know that we have to finish this in order to meet the requirement of the local power company for a less expensive power hook up. We still have about 24 bags left to pour and a little digging to do. But we don't want to think about it, maybe in a few more days when my husbands body is a little more over it we will think about it.



The building that you see behind it is the part of the house that we are going to finish first. It will be like a small cabin to live in while we build the rest of it. Because we are doing this without a loan it will take some time, and we did not want to do the thing where we live in a mobile home while we build, in our price range they are not very nice. So we decided to go this route. When we are done with the whole house it will look like it was all done at the same time. We figure that nothing will motivate us to keep going on the rest of the house like living in a small cabin with four kids.
Up next some pictures of the bed we delivered on Saturday. We forgot our camera, again. And our customer was kind enough to take some pictures and email them to us. I will share them next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment