Sunday, March 7, 2010

good news and bad news

Whenever someone says to me that they have good news and bad news and ask me which I want to hear first, I always want the bad news first, I just like to get it over with. But I am going to start with the good news. I like to to look on the bright side. Here as promised are some pictures of the Captains bed that we delivered last week. It is stained Puritan Pine, and it is a full size bed with six drawers on each side of the bed. It turned out great I think. I love this color.
This is the door to access the storage area under the bed. And obviously the picture below is of the drawer fronts.

Now on to the bad news. We had a small fire last week in our workshop. I say small because we did not lose any tools or material. But the reality is that a fire is never a good thing, unless it is in a contained area, say a fire place and you have nothing else to do but stare at it. I like fire that way. When however, you are taking a nap in a chair and your husband opens the door and yells "the wood shop is on fire!" it is most definitely not a good thing. We did catch it right away, and we did as I said save the tools and the material, so it could truly have been much worse. The structure itself though is a complete loss. So it is going to be a bit of a disruption in things. On the bright side, we were only two weeks away from a break in which we had already planned to build a new workshop. So maybe it will not end up being a total disaster. So the long and short of it is we may need to ask for some patience until we get things back to full capacity.


No comments:

Post a Comment