Monday, November 2, 2009

some pictures

We seem to have some orders coming in which is really great because that is how we have money for our extravagant lifestyle. Kids are a very expensive hobby. So soon there will be some pictures of what we are working on. Lately we have been working on our house. We are building a small house, by most standards a very small house. But for us small means efficient. We are building it with cash instead of a loan so it goes slow and in spurts. Anyway we have scheduled ourselves some time to work on it. I won't bore you with pictures of that project. But to make things more interesting here are some pictures of some past projects. I know when I go to a website I am expecting pictures. So here are some. This was the first Jeremy style bed that we made, and also it is the most detailed desk that we have done to date. Most of the desks we have done have been simple writing surfaces. This one had a keyboard drawer and two sets of shelves. And that is a book case on the other end. It turned out really cool. You can see it finished by checking out the entries about the Jeremy style.
This is a dresser that we have done several of. This one has four drawers and we have also done five drawers in this same style. We are planning to make a dresser for ourselves that will be a little different. I think I mentioned that our house will be small. So we are going to make a dresser for us that will be tall, that way it will not take up much floor space, and I am lobbying for it to have doors on the top with shelves. When we get it going pictures will be on here.

This is the Ciera style in a full size loft by far the majority of the loft beds we build are twin size but all of the styles can be made as full size, and some can even be made as a queen size. We draw the line there though, we will not build a king size loft.


This is a good example of what makes us custom builders. This is a twin size Jeffery loft, but it is short. We build each bed to order so we do not charge extra to make small changes like that. We can also do things like move the ladder to where you want it, we charge $25 to do that one, and we can make all of our bunk beds so that they can separate into two beds for $30.



This is one of my favorite beds that we have done so far. It was a full size captains bed. It had six drawers on each side and an access door at the bottom. The headboard is a book case. I think it was one of my favs because of the stain. My end of the deal is usually the stain or paint. And this one was called ebony. It turned out so beautiful, you can see in the picture that the grain of the wood showed through the stain. The picture does not really do it justice i just loved this color. I love the color in general. It is so cool when you get to see what the final project is going to be like when you put the color on. I am learning to do more of the construction end and I enjoy that too, but my husband really has a gift for that end of it I just do what he tells me to do. But I love playing with the paint and the stain. If you go back and look at the post of the captains bed you can see the whole build process, it shows what I mean when I say my husband is good at what he does.
So check back new things are coming. And remember if you have placed an order that we will post pictures as we make progress on your project so you can see it coming together. I usually let you know when we are working on your project but it always pays to check, sometimes I get busy and forget. I always blame my forgetfulness on the kids, my plan is to blame them until I am old enough to claim senility.




No comments:

Post a Comment